- About the Vet Clinic
- Informational Pages
- Contact Us
Coronavirus / COVID-19
At this time, there is no evidence that animals play a significant role in spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. Further studies are needed to understand if and how different animals could be affected by the virus that causes COVID-19 and the role animals may play in the spread of COVID-19. Please visit the CDC's website for more information on pets.
Current Clinic Safety Guidelines for Covid-19
* Do not come to the clinic if you are sick or have a fever, or if you or a household member has had exposure to Covid-19.
* Please call us from your vehicle when you arrive at the clinic for instructions. We will have you remain in your vehicle. If it's necessary for you to come into the clinic, we will limit one person per appointment and ask that you wear a face mask.
* If we have you enter the clinic, please maintain social distancing to help protect yourself and our staff from Covid-19 as recommended by the CDC.
* We will be experiencing high call volumes during this public health emergency. If you are requesting medication refills, food and products please email these requests if possible. email@example.com
* Please consider using our online pharmacy for purchasing medication, food and products to minimize trips to our clinic. If you do purchase directly from us, prepay for those items and we will bring them out to your vehicle when you arrive at the clinic.
* We will be postponing all elective surgeries and procedures that require essential PPE and ventilators as ordered by the Governor to save supplies for Covid-19 patients.
* Grooming will resume on Monday, May 4th through our curbside service.
* We will have reduced hours during this Covid-19 crisis as follows: Monday-Friday 8am - 5:30pm and Saturdays closed.